How HughesNet Works
HughesNet is a two-way satellite Internet provider that uses a satellite dish for downloads and uploads to the Internet. It does not use phone lines or cables, and works wirelessly through a satellite dish. The dish that is mounted to your roof communicates with a satellite which sends and receives emails, web pages, files and more over the Internet and then delivers it to your computer in just fractions of a second.
- A request for a webpage is sent from your computer to a satellite.
- The satellite contacts the HughesNet Network Operations Center which then contacts the specific website you requested.
- The website then beams the information back through the same path to your computer; this all takes a fraction of a second.
Why HughesNet is a Better Choice
- HughesNet has been the leader in satellite internet technology for over 30 years.
- HughesNet is America's top choice for satellite Internet.
- HughesNet is faster than dialup and allows downloading of large files in seconds, rather than minutes.
- HughesNet doesn't require a phone line.
- Supports multiple users on one connection.
- Uses Triple DES encryption to ensure sensitive data is secure.