Running out of data on a satellite internet plan is frustrating. Whether you’re getting kicked off the internet or throttled to slow speeds, it’s not a pleasant experience. Rural areas are much more likely to have data limits on internet services, even though customers in rural areas
Streaming with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+, and other services uses far more data than almost any other activity on the internet. Minimizing streaming activity is the best thing you can do to minimize your data usage. Getting satellite TV or watching live TV with an antenna is worth the price if it means you don’t run out of data mid-month. If you use live TV for your daily dose of the news and evening entertainment, then you can enjoy some occasional streaming without worrying about running out of data.
To prevent running out of priority data before the end of the month, take steps to manage your data usage so it doesn’t happen again.
6 Tips to maximize your data plan
- Use the Viasat app to keep track of your data usage.
- Watch live TV or satellite TV instead of streaming services most of the time.
- When you are occasionally streaming, keep video set to the lowest quality (DVD).
- Turn off auto-play features and disable pop-ups on social media and news websites.
- Rethink smart devices and security cameras if you’re low on data.
- Turn off your video camera in video calls.