- Libby Sander, Oliver Bauman, ideas.ted.com, “Zoom Fatigue Is Real — Here’s Why Video Calls Are So Draining,” May 19, 2020. Last accessed August 5, 2020.
- Daniel Kardefelt Winther, Jasmina Byrne, Unicef.org, “Rethinking Screen-Time in the Time of COVID-19 | Unicef Office of Global Insight & Policy,” 07 April, 2020. Last accessed August 5, 2020.
- Joel Lau, Boston Globe, “RV Sales and Rentals Are Skyrocketing during Pandemic,” May 21, 2020. Last accessed August 5, 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Digital Detox RV Trip is SatelliteInternet.com, a DBA of Clear Link Technologies, LLC, whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of SatelliteInternet.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be at least 25 years old in order to participate, and must have a valid driver’s license under which they can operate an RV.
- Entrants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via SatelliteInternet.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on SatelliteInternet.com’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that SatelliteInternet.com can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be September 23, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. MDT. After this date, no further entrants to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one Recipient (“Recipient ”) will be selected at random from the entire pool of eligible entries.
- Odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- The Recipient will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days at the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, fails to fill out the required paperwork, including all applicable tax forms and SatelliteInternet.com’s release of liability, or does not claim the opportunity within 10 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- The Recipient specifically acknowledges that the prize package shall be provided and fulfilled by SatelliteInternet.com, and that the Digital Detox RV Trip is in no way sponsored, administered by, endorsed, or affiliated with the United States National Park Service.
- SatelliteInternet.com will notify the Recipient when and how stipend and refund can be collected.
- Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Digital Detox RV Trip will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Digital Detox RV Trip. Recipient has no authority to bind SatelliteInternet.com to contracts, make any agreement or representations on SatelliteInternet.com’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by SatelliteInternet.com to its employees. SatelliteInternet.com is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient ’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- No cash alternative to the Digital Detox RV Trip will be offered. The opportunity is not transferable.
- SatelliteInternet.com shall provide Recipient with a $1,000 stipend, and reimburse Recipient up to $1,000 for: 1.) a three day RV rental at a campsite of the Recipient’s choosing and for the date range of the Recipient’s choosing; 2.) food; 3.) a mobile hotspot for use in the Digital Detox RV Trip; and 4.) transportation to the selected campsite. SatelliteInternet.com shall provide Recipient’s $400 of the stipend upfront, and the remaining $600 of the stipend will be paid upon completion of the Digital Detox RV Trip. SatelliteInternet.com shall provide the reimbursement for the RV Rental, food, campsite fees, and transportation to the campsite within 30 days of receiving the receipts from the Recipient.
- Recipient shall stay for two nights in the RV without technology and one night with technology in order to be paid the full $1,000 stipend.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available 28 days after closing date to those who request it by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- SatelliteInternet.com reserves the right to cancel or amend this Digital Detox RV Trip and these Terms and Conditions without notice for any reason. SatelliteInternet.com’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Digital Detox RV Trip will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Digital Detox RV Trip and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By submitting an application for this Digital Detox RV Trip, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.